Oct 24, 2019
The ancient Bön teachings of soul retrieval place much emphasis on the sacredness of nature. In a teaching and guided meditation broadcast live on Facebook, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche supports us in opening our hearts with gratitude for all that we have received from the natural world — including the natural elements of earth, water, fire, air and space — and guides us in cultivating a deep sense of connection with these gifts.
This is Part 1 of a four-part series on Cultivating a Sacred Relationship with Nature. Every day we hear new warnings from scientists that our world is facing cataclysmic change and mass extinction due to climate change. There is pervasive fear, anxiety, and denial; and because of rampant greed and corruption among those in power, a sense of impotence. This is an unprecedented moment in the history of humankind when we all need to take action for the benefit of ourselves and all around us. But to have the clarity, passion, and conviction needed to take advantage of our opportunities to act, we first must connect deeply with the reality of the beauty and sacredness of what our world has given us — and of what we stand to lose.
To help us become part of the solution, these teachings empower us to:
• embrace the sacredness of nature
• open our heart with gratitude for what we have received from it
• feel a true sense of regret for our individual and collective actions
• cultivate compassion for all the beings we have harmed.
• connect deeply with the raw elements of nature, so we can retrieve their sacred qualities and ultimately connect with the deeper wisdom to which nature gives access.
• live each day in the space from which we can act spontaneously for the benefit of all, with wisdom and compassion.
NOTE: Q&A sessions scheduled for Thursday, January 9, and Thursday, January 23, have been cancelled.
- More about Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
- These teachings are based on Chapter 2 of The True Source of Healing: How the Ancient Tibetan Practice of Soul Retrieval Can Transform and Enrich Your Life, by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche. Additional resource: Rinpoche’s book Healing with Form, Energy, and Light: The Five Elements in Tibetan Shamanism, Tantra, and Dzogchen.