The ancient Bön teachings of soul retrieval place much emphasis on the sacredness of nature. Resting deeply over time in the essence of the natural elements — earth, water, fire, air, and space — can give us access to an even more essential experience: the Five Wisdoms. In a Facebook Live teaching and guided meditation, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche leads us to the doorway of a deeper wisdom.
This is Part 4 of a four-part series on Cultivating a Sacred Relationship with Nature. Every day we hear new warnings from scientists that our world is facing cataclysmic change and mass extinction due to climate change. There is pervasive fear, anxiety, and denial; and because of rampant greed and corruption among those in power, a sense of impotence. This is an unprecedented moment in the history of humankind when we all need to take action for the benefit of ourselves and all around us. But to have the clarity, passion, and conviction needed to take advantage of our opportunities to act, we first must connect deeply with the reality of the beauty and sacredness of what our world has given us — and of what we stand to lose.
To help us become part of the solution, these teachings empower us to:
• embrace the sacredness of nature
• open our heart with gratitude for what we have received from it
• feel a true sense of regret for our individual and collective actions
• cultivate compassion for all the beings we have harmed.
• connect deeply with the raw elements of nature, so we can retrieve their sacred qualities and ultimately connect with the deeper wisdom to which nature gives access.
• live each day in the space from which we can act spontaneously for the benefit of all, with wisdom and compassion.
NOTE: Q&A session previously scheduled for Thursday, January 23, has been cancelled.
- Access real-time translation in multiple languages
- More about Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
- These teachings are based on Chapter 2 of The True Source of Healing: How the Ancient Tibetan Practice of Soul Retrieval Can Transform and Enrich Your Life, by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
- Donations welcome! These free Facebook Live broadcasts are made available through the generosity of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and volunteers worldwide. Donate now